Looking for a sweet, healthy, or low fat breakfast dish??
So, the recipe is out here made it with the nutrient-rich ingredients are naturally sweetened honey and banana. But without butter, oil, or white flour, this 100% whole wheat banana bread tastes just as flavorful and moist as my regular banana bread. It’s moist, fluffy, dense, and full of flavor.
Firstly I tried the same recipe with the white flour but,
then I thought why should not replace with the flour that makes healthier and is wheat flour. With this also you can make a healthy loaf that has a perfectly moist interior, golden-brown crust, crumb, and delicious flavor combination.
This recipe is quick and easy and, you can have it any time like:
- You can include in the morning breakfast is lighter and decent but full of proteins.
- Serve this delicious with the tea in the evening time instead of toast.
- For after school snack or side to any dish.
Tips and optional tricks that make the recipe tastier :
- If you are serving this to kids and you can add some nuts, coconut flakes, and choco-chips or can put this on the bread slices after baking.
- You can combine this maple syrup or, you can add fresh fined chopped or diced fruits like mango and banana.
- Combine the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients along with some not fat Greek yogurt. can get fancy and use flavored yogurt if you prefer.
- Make up with the applesauce because the use of applesauce allows me to use less fat, or the coconut oil gives the perfect balance and consistency.
- You can serve this with the cheese frosting and for more protein and calories, include it with the peanut butter.
- If your bananas are not yet brown, then you can place them in a 300F degree oven for 20 minutes or until dark brown. I swear this method will produce the ripest bananas that are perfect for banana bread.
Banana: Bananas are overly ripe before baking with them and, they are too ripe to eat but are perfect for baking. Ripe bananas are super sweet. So, riped bananas are better.
Coconut oil: It is considered a ready or nearly available ingredient and,
it is said to offer a host of health benefits as it has antibacterial and antioxidant properties it speeds up metabolism and promote weight loss. Using coconut oil as your fat source in baking will add more than enough moisture to your banana bread that you will use less fat and sugar.
There is a problem with sugar that it increases the blood sugar level. While it is sweeter and has more calories than sugar and it is healthier and, it complements best with wheat flour.
Whole wheat flour:
It has fiber, low carbs, and more protein than the all-purpose flour. It gives the crunchy flavor a browny texture to the bread.you can use white wheat four if you can find it. Change things up a bit and give your dish more nutritional value.
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or vegetable oil
- ½ cup honey
- two medium-sized eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas(about 3 -4 bananas medium size)
- a teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups regular whole wheat flour (or white wheat flour)
- a teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup hot water
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Lightly grease and line a standard loaf and, you can use a loaf pan as per your size. I have used 9 X 5 inch.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, add riped bananas and used a fork to mash into a puree and bowl with mashed bananas, add the eggs, oil, yogurt, honey, and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dried ingredients like flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. Pour into the wet ingredients and beat on medium speed (or by hand) until ix until banana bread batter comes together without any streaks of flour present.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes, making sure to loosely cover the bread with aluminum foil halfway through to prevent the top from getting too brown. Insert a toothpick to check, so begin checking every 5 minutes at the 55-minute mark or so.
- Banana bread to rest in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack about
It’s ready to serve.
- The best way to freeze quick bread is to tightly wrap the loaf or slices (individually or grouped) in 2-3 layers of plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- You can use an electric mixer or mix everything by hand. I like to use an electric mixer because I use it to mash the bananas. Using a hand-held or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk.
- Cover and store banana bread at room temperature for 2-3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Banana bread tastes best on day two after the flavors have settled together.
Calories: 238kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 209mg | Potassium: 199mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 1.7mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg